HOLIDAY HORROR Iowa family found dead in Mexico condo after being killed by toxic gas leak

AN AMERICAN family of four on holiday to Mexico have been found dead after going missing for a week.

The bodies of dad Kevin Wayne Sharp, 41, wife Amy, 38 and their three kids Sterling, 12 and Adriana 7, were discovered yesterday in the condo of the tourist complex in Tulum, Mexico where they were staying.

Investigators have revealed the family were killed by toxic gas as they slept.

Relative Ashli Peterson shared the devastating news in a post on Facebook, asking: “Please respect the family at this time as they go through the grieving process.”

Worried family members had been sharing photos of them on social media, after communications with them stopped.

The family were due to depart Mexico and return home to St. Louis, but Kevin and Amy’s parents were mystified when the couple did not arrive.

Renee Hoyt, Amy’s sister, told the Creston News Advertiser: ““On Wednesday at 7 p.m., Amy sent a text to our mom that said, ‘We made it to our condo.

“That is the last communication she made.

“We got told last night Kevin [Wayne Sharp] sent a text to Travis Anderson around 5 p.m. Thursday and Travis responded around 11:30 and has not heard anything back.”