1 strip lemon zest, cut into thin slivers
2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1 lg red onion, chopped
8 oz. zucchini, cut into 1/2″ chunks
8 oz. yellow squash, cut into 1/2″ chunks
1 clove garlic, minced
4 striped bass or other fish fillets (4–6 oz each), about 1″ thick
1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
1 tbsp. water
2 tbsp. finely chopped fresh mint leaves
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. In 13″ x 9″ baking dish, combine lemon zest, 1 tablespoon of the oil, and onion, reserving 1 tablespoon. Spread in even layer. Roast until onion is tender, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Stir in zucchini, squash, and garlic. Return to oven and roast 10 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Increase oven temperature to 450ºF. Push vegetables to one side and add fish. Spoon vegetables over fish.
- Return to oven and roast until fish is opaque in center, 8 to 10 minutes for thin fillets and 12 to 15 minutes for thicker fillets.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining tablespoon oil with vinegar, water, mint leaves, and remaining onion. Spoon over bass fillets and serve.